Monday, January 4, 2010

Confessions of a Practical Atheist

This past Sunday, I preached out of James 4 and asked, "What is your life?" Of course James tells us that our life is nothing but a vapor - like your breath on a cold morning. We often get so caught up in the cares of this life. We make all these plans and dreams often without even seeking God's face. We never know what is coming around the bend, but we serve a God who does. I have to confess, that even though I do believe God is here, there are times that I live as if I don't. I have been a practical atheist. How about you? Have you already figured 2010 out? Have your plans, dreams, career, etc become your focus? Or have you surrendered everything to the Lordship of Jesus Christ? Decide right now to make every day this year count by giving every day to Him.

In His Grace,
Russell

No comments: